2012年12月8日土曜日

Heian Romance: 17. The Arrow


17. The Arrow

 
 
Perhaps it was the aftermath of snake bites or maybe of what Yorinaga had said, Yuiko went into delirium after Yorinaga left her quarter.

When Ryoko finished her duties, she was shocked to find that Yuiko lying weakly on her bed.

“My lady is you unwell?”

“Ryoko, finally you had returned. I’m a fine… Just a little bit tired…”

“Really? You look sick…What had happened?”

“Well the fact was that I think Yorinaga had just confessed to me…”

“What did you said then?”

“I just managed to say thank you. It’s just so weird; I don’t know how to reply to him. Not that I hate him, I just couldn’t describe my own feeling…”

“My lady, you better don’t fell for him. Or else you are going to hate what I’m going to tell you…”

  “What is it then?”

“Remember that you told me to investigate Satou Norikiyo’s disappearance? Though I still can’t allocate his body, but all evidence point to Yorinaga’s servant Kimiharu that he was the last person who was seen with Norikiyo…

 According some herb collectors around Mount Kiei, they saw Kimiharu chasing Norikiyo towards the end of a cliff one day while collecting herbs around the mountain. They tried to stop Kimiharu, but it was too late, Norikiyo falls from the cliff as Kimiharu tries to shoot him using an arrow…”

  Ryoko then hands an arrow engraves with the word ‘K. Haru’ for Yuiko to see.

“Did the herb collectors mentioned why Kimiharu wanted to kill Norikiyo?”

“No, they don’t know either. Perhaps he was doing his master’s order…”

“His master? The Minister of Left Fujiwara no Yorinaga…”

 “Affirmative…”

“If so I would REALLY like to figure it out!! Ryoko, brings me my weather wear and medicine kit, it’s time to pay the sick servant a visit!!”

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿