2012年12月4日火曜日

Heian Romance: 16. Abe no Koremitsu


16. Abe no Koremitsu

Yorinaga lets Yuiko down when they enter her quarter.

“Thanks for carrying me to my quarter, and so respectable minister of left Yorinaga you may LEAVE now…” said Yuiko cynically.

 “Hold on here, don’t you think you can get rid of me just like that. I won’t leave until I get an explanation of this matter!!”

“What matter? What explanation?”

“Don’t try to play fool Princess! But before that I must treat your wound first.”

Yorinaga then let Yuiko sit down and try to mend her injured leg.

  “Let me do it. I’m the physician you know!”

“Talk about physician, see what you did to yourself? Your wound had manifested! So please keep your mouth shut and let the PROFESSIONAL does his work!!”

Yuiko was quite surprised to see that Yorinaga did very well on mending her wound.

“Never thought an aristocrat like you, know how to handle such circumstances too!”

“Do you think I’m completely oblivious during my days in the Oxen Street? I’m not that stupid you know.”

“So you have to thank me then for teaching you first aid!”

“Balderdash! And now Princess Yuiko why you didn’t tell me you is Koremitsu the physician all along?”

“Well… I don’t think I have a need to do so. Firstly I don’t know you well. Next the tenacious personality of yours, I don’t think you will leave me in peace when you know the truth.”

“Of course I won’t! No matter what you’re still a princess, how can a princess go out impersonates as a man and hang around with the lowly? Not to mention some of them are terribly sick! This is absolutely against the rule!!”

“Here we go again…..” said Yuiko then shutting her ears to isolate herself from Yorinaga seems to be never ending nags.

“But… The most important thing is…You made me wonder about my gender preference!!”

“Gender preference?”

“I….I keep on…keep on asking myself…whether I am really….in love with man!! I even told my servant Kimiharu to test me. But all came to negative results, other than one person……”

 Adrenaline was doing its job excellently when Yorinaga speaks and his face was the reddest when he said the name:

“Abe no Koremitsu…”   

Yuiko was wondering whether this can consider a confession from Yorinaga. His words keep on swimming around her mind making her completely blank.

“Thank you….” That was the only reply that manages to come out from Yuiko’s emptied mind.

“I see…” said Yorinaga and leave the quarter quietly with a hint of disappointment…

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿