2009年5月30日土曜日

Angels & Demons X2

Ok before we get into the main topic I want to talk something about yesterday.
Yesterday after fetch my cousins [Yong Ching , Xiao Hui and Yong Liang] We went back to home take a bath & rest then proceed to Gurney Plaza. At first we stop at Secret Recipe. Yong Liang is a fans of Cheese Cake. So we order 3 types of cake : Tiramisu [My choice] , Cappucino Cheese Cake [Yong Liang] and Strawberry Chocolate Cake [Xiao Hui] . I don’t really like the cakes , I prefer Green Tea Cheese Cake . However then don’t have it in Gurney Plaza store. Next stop wandering around in the plaza. Then at 4.55pm we go watch Star Trek. It’s kind of interesting and funny , I like one of the main character in the movie – Spock. The whole theater only has 8 persons including us!! So after the movie start we all change our sit to couple sit!! Haha…it’s my 1st time to sit a couple sit since I’m single. Yes it’s very comfortable and big compare to normal chair. My “couple” is Yong Liang…hahahaha which is the “Sunshine Otaku” in case you guys don’t know..After the movie we ate our dinner at Manhattan Fish Market.  The food there’s quite nice , it’s my 1st time there. I like the clam chowder and the garlic rice from the Seafood Platter for 2 set. Overall it’s quite a pleasant experience , however I think they put a lots of “Ajinomoto” cause it’s quite thirsty after the meal which is a bad thing.
Let’s talk back about today….
From the title you guys should know that I watch Angels& Demons again…
Why?
My no planning cousin Yong Ching “plan” to watch Terminator this afternoon. However I’m not interested with this show and plan to skip this time. But the point is no matter I want to see it or not I’ve to fetch them back to their hotel [The cozy but extremely small Tune Hotel which they checked in this afternoon]. Its’ troublesome us , therefore my mom thinks of an idea which is why don’t we also go watch movie but another movie a.k.a Angels & Demons. And so everyone agreed. What I want to highlight is my parents watch movie just because to waste some time so that we can fetch them after the movie only. However it end up, my cousin are calling other cousin to join them and we don’t need to wait for them after all!! We don’t know anything until the last minute the other cousin show up and tell us no need to wait for them. Gosh!! That’s when we already purchased the tickets, well luckily the shows worth a watch and the ticket price is only RM7 or else……
So talk about the second time of watching Angels & Demons…
It surprised me to see so many people show up for this movie, cause the 1st time I saw this I think the whole theater are less than 20 people. Since I already know the plot and the storyline there should be nothing special anymore. However the Camerlengo  part still touches me and tears keep on rolling down from my eyes luckily it’s dark…haha Actually the plot of the story it’s kind of simple, what touches me is the exact of Catholicism in the film. The destroying of the Ring of Fisherman , Popes Funeral , Conclave in the Sistine Chapel , The Black Smoke , The crowd gathered in St. Peter Square , and the appearance of White Smoke from the Chimney of Sistine Chapel and finally “We have a Pope”. These all brings back precious memories during the time our beloved Pope John Paul II went back to HIS FATHER and of course the process of Pope Benedict XVI get elected. The wonderful “White Smoke” experience. During that time it’s already midnight in Malaysia and I should already in dream land since tomorrow I got school. However maybe I’m too excited or leading of the Holy Spirit hehe I suddenly awake and the moment I walk out to the living room and look at the TV[my parents already turn on the TV to CNN channel however they’ve asleep] and there they are the appearance of the White Smoke. “Habemus  Papam” = We have a Pope. Every catholic on the whole world are waiting for the appearance of our Holy Father, waiting for the opening of the Red Curtain from the balcony. It’s just like the scene in the film. It was a wonderful experience to see the whole process live thanks to technology!! But for those who are in the St. Peter Square it sure is a life time experience bless them!! I surely will at least visit Vatican City once before I die.
Return back to the movie, I think the movie it’s better than the novel. They had made some changes from the novel to fit into 2hrs and 15mins film and the changes include the story of Camerlengo. I think the film more fit the Catholic than the book which means it’s more acceptable in certain angle. Besides the movie’s Camerlengo it’s so handsome…hahahahaha!!
As a whole my favourite quote in the movie is “ Religious is imperfect because we human too are imperfect” . It’s true nobody’s perfect even the sacred religious therefore we have to accept our bypasses, mistakes learn from it and strike for a better future….
 
 
 
p.s Some extra photos. Since people are wondering whether Vatican really have a secret archives or not ? The answer is yes , however it's not as high-tech as seen in the movie. Here are some of the pictures of Vatican Secret Archives.
                                                          the storeroom
                                            the computer and reading room
                                          some volumes found in the archives

8 件のコメント:

  1. how's the experience coupling wif him? haha...

    返信削除
  2. yeah... carmelengo a.k.a patrick is very handsome... it's ewan mcgregor... think i spell his name correct?? yeah... the movie is very nice... i watch it twice too... quite heart broken when i saw all the art work in the church being destroy by the bom...hehe...

    返信削除
  3. "how's the experience coupling wif him? haha..." mah like tat loh..ntg special....coz the chair it's too big for us....wahahahahhaa

    返信削除
  4. of course he's handsome ewan mcgregor my obi-wan kenobi mah....hahahahaha

    返信削除
  5. chiew... u want smaller to stick closer baru got feel izzit?

    返信削除
  6. haiyo...1 word no feeling lah...hehehehe

    返信削除
  7. haha... haiyo, i juz wanna kacau u nia...

    返信削除