2012年11月27日火曜日

Heian Romance: 14. The Snake


14. The Snake

    Yuiko quickly releases Yorinaga when she realizes that she had been hugging him tightly during the thunder. After that there’s silent among them…

“Koremitsu…are you…are you really a man?”

“Yes I AM!! This is insulting you know?

“Sorry…It’s just that….”

“Ouch!!”

A long green snake emerges suddenly and bites Yuiko’s leg. Immediately Yorinaga took out his knife and slices the snake into half before it could start menacing again. He then came to Yuiko and put his mouth on her injured leg to suck out the snake’s venom.

 “Yorinaga, what are you doing?!”

“Suck out the venom, you fool!! Are you really a physician?”

“Thanks… Could you pass me the herbs pouch, I would like to apply some herbs onto my wound.”

“Sure. Are you well?”asked Yorinaga when he saw Yuiko’s face getting redder and redder.

“Yea…why ask?”

“Well it seems that your face is getting redder. Was it the effect of the venom?”

 “Perhaps, but don’t worry I’ll be all right after applying the soothing herbs.”

“If you’re tired please sleep then, I’ll help you guard the night.”

“Thanks but I insist to stay awake, who knows what will happen next in this weird place.”

“If you insist…”

Both of them stay awake the whole night chit –chatting on and off until the beginning of another day. They went back at dawn after the rains stop; Yuiko gave Yorinaga some herbs to heal his servant Kimiharu, but rejects to heal him personally.

***

Back in the palace,

“My lady, where have you been? I have been looking for you the whole night!”asked Ryoko Yuiko’s lady in waiting worrying.

“Was caught in the rain while collecting herbs.”

“Really, thank God to see you in perfect shape!! Clean up and dress up quickly for we’ll be late for the Seimei Prayer Session!”

“Gosh, I almost forget about it!! Here comes another troublesome festival of the year!!”

“What to do, you’re obliged to attend. So please be hurry. By the way my lady what happen to your right leg?”asked Ryoko when she saw Yuiko’s bandaged leg.

“Bitten by a snake.”

“What?!”

“Don’t worry, already been taken care of. Now let’s proceed.”

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿