2009年6月16日火曜日

Beautiful Mantilla Chapel Veil




Last Sunday was an important day of the Catholic Church. That’s The Solemnity of the Corpus Christi aka The Blood and Body of Christ. What is it about, I don’t want to mention in here. That day the Fr. Sermon hit me. Why? Cause he talks about the dress code and etiquette in the church. I have to admit that day sure was a hot day, so I wear t-shirt and hot pants to attend the mass. This is a big NO NO. However not only me, I think most of the parishioners also wear very “cincai”.
It’s really shameful for us Catholics. We people always wear “cincai” e.g. sandals, shorts, sleeveless tee…etc. to the church compare to those protestant. Man! They really dress up! Formal, skirts, blouse, tie…etc. I remember one of my fellow protestant friends either Yi Wen, Diana or both. They said their pastor force them to wear skirt every Sunday, therefore they have to shop for some formal wear before enter the church...Ha-ha!!
But then their pastor has the point. As my Fr. said last Sunday, when entering the church and attending the mass we are actually attending the Lord’s dinner. We people wear like “butterfly” to someone wedding dinner however wear like shit to the Lord’s dinner. How pathetic!!  I like the Philippine Catholic Diocese, because their archbishop or bishop set up dress codes for the parishioners. And of course the Catholic churches in the European country especially Vatican also got lists of dress codes. Even the visitor to Vatican St. Peter Basilica ladies have to wear long skirt while men have to wear long sleeves or collar.
When attending mass in European countries, Japan, Korea or some old traditional Catholic Church, you will see some ladies cover their head with beautiful embroidery veil. That’s the mantilla chapel veil. I’m in love with this chapel veil tradition. Catholic ladies cover their head when attending the mass to show sign of respect to God. This tradition used to practice in Malaysia too so do mass in Latin, however these were long ago stories. Though some of the parishioners practice this tradition, but it consider rare. These types of people only can found in Pulau Tikus Church of Immaculate Conception. It’s a shame I don’t understand why people don’t make this practice anymore? This tradition it’s so feminine and beautiful!! And it’s one of the Catholic Church heritages.
Recently there’re growing numbers of ladies wearing the Chapel Veil in America. Hopefully one day the Pope will announce the important of the Chapel Veil again. Then everyone will be wearing…Ha-ha!!
I’m thinking of wearing too but of course only when I go to Pulau Tikus I.C Church. Definitely not going to wear in my Air Itam Risen Christ Church, because everyone will come and ask you question. Duh!! I bought my mantilla chapel veil in Kamdar which cost me RM17.10...ha-ha!! Actually chapel veil it’s just a piece of lace cloth. I want to buy a black one just like what Vittoria Vetra wears in movie Angels & Demons however Kamdar doesn’t offers black lace cloth so I took cream/ivory color instead. I manage to take some photo~ sorry that I’m not as pretty as Vittoria Vetra in Angels & Demons. Ha-ha!! Also I’m planning to cut the veil a bit because I felt that it’s too big or bulky…
here's my version of Mantilla Chapel Veil~ again sorry I'm not as pretty as Vittoria Vetra....Ha-ha!!!!
 
 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿