2013年1月14日月曜日

Heian Romance: 26.夢詠みThe song of dream part 2


26. 夢詠みThe song of dream part 2

In a small settlement at the eastern part of the country lives a couple with two children. They are physicians who provide health care services for the villagers. Most of their services are free but sometimes in return the local will bring crops and poultries for their family. 

 “Thank you, madam physician for saving my son’s life! I am sorry that I couldn’t repay your with money. But here are some fresh eggs my hen laid this morning; I hope that you’ll like it…”

“Of course!”

After sending her last patient back to her house, the lady of the house called for her children to get ready for dinner.

“Tadamichi, Tamako! Quit playing and come back for dinner! But before that make sure you are squeaky clean!”

“Yes, mother!” replied her children. Although at young age, both of her children Tadamichi eight years old boy and Tamako five years girl resemble their parents, which are blessed with good looking and on par with the elegant courtiers in the capital. 

While preparing dinner in the kitchen, suddenly someone hug the lady tightly at her back…

“What’s for dinner dear? Eggs, I presume? ”

“Stop it! The children will be watching!!”

“No worries I had already checked, they are still taking their bath!”

“Why you cunning fellow!!”

“I’ll take that as a compliment!”

Still not releasing his hand from the lady’s waist the master of the house continued:

“Do you regret for leaving the court life and stay in this stage of poverty?”

“No and never will. My vocation was never to live as a pampered princess in the court. What about you?”

“Absolutely not!”

“Just as Saigyo the monk had mentioned, this is the beautifulness of life. To live in a life of fulfilled dream and to live in order to fulfill dreams…”

“Indeed with you here I’m living in a life of fulfilled dream, and together let’s work hard to fulfill our dream which is to help the poor that in need of medical treatment. Well, I have another dream though…”

“What is it?”

“You see we have our little Tadamichi and little Tamako. But what about little Asatori and little Norikiyo then?”

“Why you!! What do you think I am, sow? I’m not going to do so!! I refused to accept your suggestion!!”

“I’ll make you! After all you’re my one and only beloved sow!!”

 The couple’s flirtatious quarrels will go on and on even when they reached old age. This is because they are truly and deeply in love with each other.

Their name----- Yorinaga and Yuiko.

 

~The End~

 

Afterword: Finally I managed to finish this short story. I would like to thank my best friend and the one and only reader Isabelle!!Ha-ha!! Also I want to thank Mr. Fujiwara no Yorinaga my 2012 year lover too! Without him I wouldn’t have anything to write. Lolz~

While writing this story, I come across few songs which can represent the feelings of the story. They are:

1.      by中孝介 – represents the fruitless romance of the Regent Fujiwara no Tadamichi.

2.      情歌 from平清盛soundtrack – during sad time

3.       夢詠み...紀行  from平清盛soundtrack- which I use it for the title of the last 2 chapters.

4.       Deepness by MISIA- the theme song for Yuiko and Yorinaga.

Next, I may be writing another story as I started to be fond of this person Matsudaira Katamori (The last lord of Aizu clan, protector of Kyoto and the initiator of Shinsengurumi), his personality I guess was more like the placid Fujiwara no Tadamichi instead. Nevertheless I don’t think it will be that soon, as I haven’t really understood this person…

Last but not least, life is short thus living it to the fullness. Dare to dream, dare to fulfill!!

By nanaho88

12:43am January 14, 2013

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿